No products in the cart.
Why a Frameless Mask and what is it? They tend to be lighter, offer a very small profile and therefore are lower in volume. See our guide & recommendations.
Anatomy of a Frameless Mask 2021
Throw away the thick plastic frame and attach the buckles directly to the mask skirt. As a result, the lens sits closer to your eyes, offering a broader field of vision in all directions, and with less volume, the mask is easier to clear.
They also fold flat for packing and make great backup masks, slipping flat into a BCD pocket. For all these reasons, frameless masks have become more popular than ever and companies are responding by offering a growing number of models.
Many Freedivers due to the low volume do use a frameless mask. But these masks are not only for freedivers, Snorkelers and Scuba Divers using them too.
Mask Clearing underwater
A simple and effective method for clearing a diving mask while underwater is to look down, place a finger on the top of the frame at either side, and slowly look up while exhaling through the nose. The trick is not to blow out air through your mouth, but rather to exhale everything through your nose. The increased pressure created in the mask pushes the water outwards.
Which Mask should I buy?
More info and an inDepth guide on our Mask Page!
For a great Snorkel experience you’ll also need a good Snorkel which lets you breath on the surface at the same time as you follow the beautiful Manta Ray!
Here is a selection of our recommended frameless masks 2021
Atomic Venom Frameless Mask 2021
- Ultra-wide Panoramic-view Integrated
- Easy-Adjust Swivel Buckles
- Gummi Bear UltraSoft silicone creates an incredibly soft and comfortable face seal
- Single lens design
- Reinforcing internal frame molded beneath the silicone rubber skirt
Hollis M1 Frameless Mask 2021 Scuba Diving Freediving/Spearfishing Snorkeling
- Frameless 100% pure silicon skirt
- Saint-Gobain Diamant – Crystal Clear Lens
- Wide vision and low volume
- Completely dry top snorkel prevents water entry when submerged
- Large exhaust and purge valve at bottom for easy water clearing
Scubapro Frameless Mask
- Single-lens mask featuring a unique assembly of lens and skirt without a frame.
- Original unique design for unbeatable comfort and fit and classic robust quality.
- Buckles positioned on exterior of mask body for convenience and comfort.
- Reduced weight, size and volume makes clearing water easy.
- Frameless construction creates a lightweight, low volume mask which is easy to clear and equalize.
- Pure Clear lens provides maximum optical clarity with no distortion. Advanced skirt geometry is designed to minimize facial pressure points during long duration dives.
- Quick Release Buckles with stainless-steel rollers allow easy adjustment for the best fit, even while wearing dry gloves.
- Matte and gloss areas on the silicone skirt create a better seal and improve fit and comfort. Premium, surgical-grade solid black or solid white silicone.
- Supplied with a comfortable silicone mask strap and an additional neoprene strap, all in a reusable zipped protective case.
Scubapro Solo Mask
- A modern low profile, clear and open-view single lens mask.
- Dual colored frameless single-lens design for significantly increased field of vision
- Crystal clear double sealed silicone skirt for superior fit and comfort.
- Non-slip strap with easy adjustable buckle. Tempered glass lens.
- Low volume design.
This was our list of the Best Frameless Masks 2021! We hope you enjoyed it and if so, please share the article with your friends and family or on your social platforms and leave us a comment below with your favorite we would appreciate it a lot and you’d make the Oceans a little better! Thank you!
If you don’t want to miss any of our next Equipment guides you can sign up here for our free newsletter!
You might also be interested in:
You’d like to support us in our marine protection projects, but don’t have much time?
Rescue the Ocean with your Purchase!
All income goes towards our Marine Life Conservation Projects!
NFT Underwater Photography Collection
Check out our NFT Collection of Underwater images by Daniel Sasse. All income goes towards our Conservation Projects
Are you looking for your own Scuba Diving, Snorkeling or water sport Equipment? Don’t miss out on our detailed guides!
Interested to join us as a Marine Life Conservation Volunteer?
Check it out here