No products in the cart.
Why buying a separate expensive underwater camera when you can get an underwater housing for your Smartphone?!
Lightning and Smartphone Underwater housings
Underwater cameras are expensive
Especially if you’re looking at Mirrorless or DSLR and want to include strobes as well! Good Setups with like the one on the Pictures including Camera Ports lenses strobes tray and Arms starting at around 5000,- USD and go up astronomically
Smartphone underwater housing
So is there any cheaper way to take decent underwater pictures you might ask yourself? Yes there is a solution to this.
Don’t expect to get the perfect shot with your smartphone and an underwater housing but you can get very close to it with the right choice of Equipment
No matter if it is just a smartphone with an underwater housing or the real DSLR Rig, a Torch, a snoot or video lighting does help to make these shots even better and worth your invested money.
However you need to choose wisely depending on what kind of smartphone you have.
There are a few good underwater housings for smartphones on the market but you need to buy the one which is compatible with your smartphone otherwise it might not fit inside the underwater housing or you are not able to control your smartphone correctly. So make sure that the underwater housing description says that it is compatible with your smartphone.
You will need to check the rated depth of the housing too as depending if you just take it for snorkeling or if you take it for freediving or even scuba diving. For Scuba- and Free-Diving we recommend a depth rating of a minimum of 30m.
For Snorkeling you’ll probably be fine with around 15m depth rating of the underwater housing.
The proper underwater housings for your smartphone often come with an app you’ll need to install to be able to use all functions from the outside of your housing.
Vacuum Port system
The latest housings come with a built in vacuum port system. As soon as you close the lid the underwater housing will let you know by audio or visually or both that it has a vacuum and so that there is no leak and it is safe to dive with.
Be careful with the main O-Ring of the underwater housing keep it clean of sand hair and salt and maintain it with silicone grease if the manufacturer suggested so.
Waterproof pouch Smartphone
The wild bunch
There are cheap waterproof pouches for smartphones on the market.
They’re rated to a depth of 30ft/10m, your phone can be used in extreme wet conditions and stays protected against dust, corrosion, sand and mud.
BUT they are not very reliable for Scuba Diving also Camera functions might not work underwater due to the increased water pressure and because the pouch is made of soft PVC.
XPOOVV, Universal Underwater Phone Case
- Fits with All Smartphone from 4 Inch to 6.5 Inch Screen.
- However make sure your Phone is supported!
- Depth rating 40m/130ft
- App controlled for Android and IOS
- XPOOVV comes with a Vacuum System
Smartphone underwater housing
SeaLife Smartphone Underwater Housing Set
SeaLife Video Light
- 2500 true lumens and 120 degree beam angle Underwater Video light.
- Includes extra rubber grip tabs, spare O rings for the housing and Vacuum Check Port, O-ring lubricant & removal tool, an additional Moisture Muncher Capsule, Travel Case, Deluxe Wrist Strap and two AAA batteries.
- Includes the free SeaLife SportDiver camera app for iOS 12 and up available at The App Store
SeaLife Smartphone Underwater housing
- Your phone is invaluable with all your pictures, music, messages, and emails and this is why we test every case before it is packaged.
- We also know things get lost and include extra rubber grip tabs, spare O rings for the housing and Vacuum Check Port, O-ring lubricant & removal tool, an additional Moisture Muncher Capsule, Travel Case, Deluxe Wrist Strap and 2 AAA batteries
Smartphone Underwater Housing
“Top notch products and great guide! This store has it all, 100% recommended”
Rescue the Ocean with your Purchase!
All income goes towards our Marine Life Conservation Projects!
Have a look at our other merchandise and support our Marine Life Conservation Projects with your purchase!
Interested in joining us as a Marine Life Conservation Volunteer?
Check it out here
Are you interested in Scuba Diving? Come join us at Poseidon Dive Center and do your Dive Course or Join us for a FunDive as a certified Diver.